Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am 44 years old but have the grammer skills of a 12 year old. I want to start a blog about what I am learning while studying the Bible. I would like to be taken seriously but I know that I wont if my grammer is not correct. I would like to paste my blog and see if someone will proof read and teach me what I am doing wrong.

My wife got a tattoo of the word hope on her wrist. That word is in her favorite verse.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord,‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

A lot of times hope is viewed as wishful thinking as if it is not expected to happen therefore it is hoped for.

For my wife and me, it is the confident assurance that God is going to bring about His promises in our lives.
As I am studying Ephesains I am learning more about hope. Paul prays "that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling.

What does that phrase "what is the hope of His calling" mean?

Ephesians 1:4 "God chose us before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.

Romans 8:28-29 "We were called according to God's purpose to become conformed to the image of His Son".
Philippians 1:3-6 "In view of our participation in the gospel Paul is confident that He who began a good work in us will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus".
Ephesians 4:1 "We are to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which we have been called".

It is so awesome to think that before God created the earth, He chose us for a holy calling, to be conformed to the image of His Son. We can be confident that He who began a good work in us will perfect it. In light of this we are to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which we have been called. That is what the phrase "what is the hope of His calling" means to me.

God, in Your magnificence and ultimate wisdom You chose me for a holy calling. I am so thankful that You the creator of the universe chose me an undeserving creature for such a great honor. Thank you for opening my eyes to "what is the hope of your calling" so that I can have confidence and assurance in You. I pray that you give me the strength and knowledge to walk in a manner worthy of Your calling so that I can be to the praise of Your glory. Amen

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Please confine answers to the language and not the content- we discuss language and not religion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.