Failed to get "no...not", Please rewrite in more plain English so that I can get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHopeR

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Failed to get "no...not", Please rewrite in more plain English so that I can get it

I've read it 10 times and still been confused (always) by the relationship between "no, not and even more".

Context:

While these questions all seemed very fresh and unanswerable upon their first arrival, I was comforted to learn that there were no objections on my list that had not been raised even more forcefully and articulately by others down through the centuries.

BobSmith

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Failed to get "no...not", Please rewrite in more plain English so that I can get

I've read it 10 times and still been confused (always) by the relationship between "no, not and even more".

Context:

While these questions all seemed very fresh and unanswerable upon their first arrival, I was comforted to learn that there were no objections on my list that had not been raised even more forcefully and articulately by others down through the centuries.

[not a teacher]

While these questions all seemed very fresh and unanswerable upon their first arrival

When first presented, these questions seemed novel and without solution.

I was comforted to learn that there were no objections on my list that had not been raised even more forcefully and articulately by others down through the centuries.

My list had objections.

These objections (of mine) were forceful and articulate.

Others down through the centuries (from the past) have raised objections that are of greater force and more articulate than mine. The arguments from the others are (even) more forceful and articulate than mine.

In fact, all of my objections have been covered by others before; therefore, none of my objections are not covered.

NewHopeR

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Re: Failed to get "no...not", Please rewrite in more plain English so that I can get

[not a teacher]

While these questions all seemed very fresh and unanswerable upon their first arrival

When first presented, these questions seemed novel and without solution.

I was comforted to learn that there were no objections on my list that had not been raised even more forcefully and articulately by others down through the centuries.

My list had objections.

These objections (of mine) were forceful and articulate.

Others down through the centuries (from the past) have raised objections that are of greater force and more articulate than mine. The arguments from the others are (even) more forceful and articulate than mine.

In fact, all of my objections have been covered by others before; therefore, none of my objections are not covered.

Excellent!
It is crystal clear now.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.