Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
United States
Good Afternoon!
I am looking for some guidance in writing a letter to the Dean at my college. The purpose of the letter is to praise my current biology teacher whom is by far the best teacher I have ever had. It's easy to see how passionate she is about teaching and how knowledgeable she is. She is willing to go that extra mile to ensure that everyone has a very solid understanding of the material. She is meets with people outside of office hours all the time and I have never had a teacher who responded to email as quickly as her (and with so much detail). Next quarter I intend to take the next sequence of biology and the teacher is still TBA. I want to persuade the Dean to select her as that teacher because she really, truly deserves it.
Here are some of my concerns about writing this letter:
1. Even though I completely mean it when I say she is by far the best teacher I have ever had (ive completed about 90 credits), I don't want to go too over-the-top.2. I don't want to put other teachers down. (I am sure the Dean doesn't want to hear this teacher is so good and my other teachers suck, etc.)3. How formal should it be? Part of me is thinking I could go a bit informal and say something along the lines of "I am not sure the proper way to do something like this. Perhaps, it's a bit unprecedented; however, Miss ....................."
Thanks very much for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to hearing your suggestions. I would really prefer to get this completed tonight and submitted tomorrow. I hope all of this makes sense because english is not my first language. Thanks again.

Respectfully,
史蒂夫

help_me_please

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
United States
Sorry for the poor formatting. It looked much better before I submitted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.