Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi, I just got 21 in writing section last time(the total is 30). If you have time, would you mind helping me correct this essay. It may occupy you a few minutes, but for me, it’s a big step to achieve my dream. I really need your helps and appreciate it. If not, just ignore it. Thank you guys!!!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: The most important problems in today's world will be solved in our lifetime.

We are facing an unprecedented set of problems today relating to environment, population, war etc. These problems are inevitable and I don't believe that the most important problems in today's world will be solved in our lifetime. Because human, in essence, are selfish. They won't sacrifice their own interests to reach a consensus, therefore, are unable to put aside our differences to solve worldwide problems.

Poverty is one of the most important problems in the world. According to a survey, still a billion of people are starving. It means that every six seconds a child will die out of starvation. This phenomenon has lasted for hundreds of years, it won't stop just in our lifetime. Even though the United Nations has contributed a lot to many African countries. For instance, it may aid financially some poor countries, or help them develop their economies. It cannot be avoided that many people are living under the poverty line. This problem surely will continue as long as their countries are not improved.

Climate change is another big challenge for us. The solution of this problem is to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide. However, Everyone knows it, but they are still buying cars, rendering the environment more worse than before. As they are unwilling to pay the extra costs or suffer the inconvenience of renewable energy. What's more, all the countries don't want to sacrifice their economic development. Fortunately some measures are taken to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide. For example, some European Airline Company decided to impose tax for emitting carbon dioxide. But it still not enough to tackle the climate change.

All in all, the most important problems in today's world will pass to the next generation. There is still a long way to go and it's impossible for us to solve all problems in our lifetime.

Last edited:

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Hi, I just got 21 in writing section last time (the total is 30). If you have time, would you mind helping me correct this essay? It may occupy you a few minutes, (A few minutes????) but for me, it’s a big step to achieve my dream. I really need your [STRIKE]helps[/STRIKE] help and appreciate it. If not, just ignore it. Thank you guys!!!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: The most important problems in today's world will be solved in our lifetime.

We are facing an unprecedented set of problems today relating to the environment, population, war etc. These problems are inevitable and I don't believe that the [STRIKE]most important[/STRIKE] greatest problems in today's world will be solved in our lifetime. The main reason for this is [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] that humans are in essence [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] selfish. They won't sacrifice their own interests to reach a consensus on the worldwide problems, therefore, are unable to put aside [STRIKE]our[/STRIKE] their differences to solve [STRIKE]worldwide problems[/STRIKE] them.

Poverty is one of the [STRIKE]most important[/STRIKE] greatest problems in the world. According to a survey, still a billion of people are starving. It means that every six seconds a child will die [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] of starvation. This phenomenon has lasted for hundreds of years; it won't stop [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE]; at least not in our lifetime. Even though, the United Nations has contributed a lot to many African countries. For instance, it may aid financially some poor countries, or help them develop their economies. It cannot be avoided that many people are living under the poverty line. This problem surely will continue as long as [STRIKE]their[/STRIKE] these countries' situation [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] is not improved.

Climate change is another big challenge for us. The solution of this problem is to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide. [STRIKE]However,[/STRIKE] Everyone knows it but are nevertheless [STRIKE]they are[/STRIKE] still buying cars, rendering the environment more worse than before. As they are unwilling to pay the extra costs or suffer the inconvenience of renewable energy. What's more, all the countries don't want to sacrifice their economic development. Fortunately some measures are taken to reduce the emission of carbon dioxide. For example, some European Airline Company decided to impose tax for emitting carbon dioxide. But it is still not enough to tackle the climate change.

All in all, the [STRIKE]most important[/STRIKE] greatest problems in today's world will pass to the next generation. There is still a long way to go and it's impossible for us to solve all problems in our lifetime.
Last edited by jiangyueming; Yesterday at 23:48.

februar, no teacher

jiangyueming

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Status
Not open for further replies.