Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
New York, a strong city of a powerful nation has been up for hundred of years for emigrants all over the world. Even after so many terriost attack like 9/11, New York city is still one of the fewest cities which help people to get a better life and bring them to success. New York city has changed my life. My whole journey in New York since I came till today has been absoultly wonderful and I can't thank enough for all the things I got a chance to experience in New York.
When I was in India, my whole life style uswed to be different. People never used to mind there own business there. There wasn't much opportunities for women. As I being a girl was not allowed to go out of my house and play with friends, I was not allowed to go anywhere alone, but in New York I was treated the same way as any boy. I was allowed to wear anything I want, go anywhere I want. The people of New York have the freedom to express themselves in any way they want without being threatened. This city helped me gain more confidence in myselft. I have been in New York for 7 years. I used to be a 11 years old poor girl, New York city has made me a strong women. I have the same rights as any person.
New York city has changed my point of view towards many things. I never thought of getting a career before coming to this city. Every morning I see thousands of people dressed up nicely, getting out of their beautiful houses, driving a nice car, and going to work. It influence me to be one of them. There are many job opportunities in New York. I can do any kind of job. This city has many ways to get a career even if you don't have the money to pay your college fees. Programs like Financial Aid and TAP are available for those who wants to continue their studies but they don't the money. I used to think of myself as a poor girl who first have to listen to her parents then her husband for the entire life but this city made me realize that I'm not no less then any men. I can get a better career. I can make more money then others. All I used to expect from myself to end up being a housewife somewhere in India but since I came to New York city, I want to see myself as a Independent working women.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
New York, a strong city of a powerful nation has been up for hundred of years for emigrants all over the world. Even after so many terriost attack like 9/11, New York city is still one of the fewest cities which help people to get a better life and bring them to success. New York city has changed my life. My whole journey in New York since I came till today has been absoultly wonderful and I can't thank enough for all the things I got a chance to experience in New York.
When I was in India, my whole life style uswed to be different. People never used to mind there own business there. There wasn't much opportunities for women. As I being a girl was not allowed to go out of my house and play with friends, I was not allowed to go anywhere alone, but in New York I was treated the same way as any boy. I was allowed to wear anything I want, go anywhere I want. The people of New York have the freedom to express themselves in any way they want without being threatened. This city helped me gain more confidence in myselft. I have been in New York for 7 years. I used to be a 11 years old poor girl, New York city has made me a strong women. I have the same rights as any person.
New York city has changed my point of view towards many things. I never thought of getting a career before coming to this city. Every morning I see thousands of people dressed up nicely, getting out of their beautiful houses, driving a nice car, and going to work. It influence me to be one of them. There are many job opportunities in New York. I can do any kind of job. This city has many ways to get a career even if you don't have the money to pay your college fees. Programs like Financial Aid and TAP are available for those who wants to continue their studies but they don't the money. I used to think of myself as a poor girl who first have to listen to her parents then her husband for the entire life but this city made me realize that I'm not no less then any men. I can get a better career. I can make more money then others. All I used to expect from myself to end up being a housewife somewhere in India but since I came to New York city, I want to see myself as a Independent working women.

I have moved your posts to a more appropriate forum. Do you want help with it?

Kamal Kaur

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.