Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
I have a buyer emailing me that he cannot afford that.

I am going to email him back to with a reduced price specially for him only.

How can I say it? Please give me some examples. Thanks

Not sure if it is right to say:

I will reduce it to $___ ?

I would be willing to reduce to $___ ?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I have a buyer emailing me that he cannot afford [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] something.

I am going to email him back [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] with a reduced price especially for him. [STRIKE]only.[/STRIKE]

How can I say it? Please give me some examples. Thanks.

I'm not sure if it is right to say:

I will reduce it to $___ ?

I would be willing to reduce to $___ ?

You can say either but it depends which one you mean. Are you simply telling him that you are willing to reduce the price and then you'll wait to hear what he says before actually reducing it (in which case sentence 2 is fine) or are you simply reducing it directly and offering him that price (in which case sentence 1 is good).

How about "Thank you for your email detailing your concerns about the price of [product name]. In this instance, I am exceptionally prepared to offer you this product at a reduced cost of $XXX. Please note that this is a time-limited offer. Please let me know within 48 hours if you wish to purchase the item at the reduced price and I will make the necessary arrangements."

goodstudent

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
I am simply reducing it directly and offering him a reduced price (which I am going to email him)

This is what happened: The buyer first contacted me asking about the price, and I have replied him my asking price. Then he emailed me again saying he cannot go nearly that high

Status
Not open for further replies.