Post Thanks / Like

Default Do they sound OK ?

Do they sound OK? If not, please correct them by choosing the appropriate words or terms. Thanks in advance, teachers !!!

She said with great sadness to me. The candid and painful truth gradually revealed.

Viet Nam in the 1980s has been crippled by a terrible economic crisis and its remaining impacts are still easily realized up to now. They do impede the advancement of Viet Nam towards buiding up a stable & prosperous country.

The situation is unjust. While deprived people work from dawn still dusk to earn for their livings, some officials just siphon off money from their government for personal purposes.

She's such an arrogant person. She always wants to derive respects & admiration from others. And this characteristic prove problematic to anyone who work with her. This begs the question of whether we should cooperate with her.

This shortage of adequate sanitation poses a threat to the refugees. The whole community is on the brink of an outbreak of diseases. Relief supplies, however, has yet to come and is being hampered due to the political unrest.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do they sound OK ?

She said with great sadness to me. The candid and painful truth gradually revealed.- Here, I'd use spoke. In the second sentence, I'd change it to 'was gradually revealed'.
    Viet Nam in the 1980s has been- was
    its remaining impacts are still easily realized up to now- and the impact can still be felt
    They do impede- It does impede
    from their government- from the governement
    wants to derive respects & admiration from others- want respect and admiration from others
    this characteristic prove - proves
    Relief supplies, however, has- have...are