[Essay] I write an essay of ielts exam.Please give me some suggestions. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

sissi1990

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion。  Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. Write at least 250 words.

Some people think that parents should teach children to be good citizens, while others believe that school is the place to learn this.
On the one hand, parenting plays an essential role in how to be a good member of society. First of all, home is usually the place where people have lived since they were born. From that moment, parents stay with them and before they go to school, parents are considered to be their abecedarians in their life, because parents’ behavior can affect children’s behavior profoundly. For example, children do what their parents did, say what they said and gradually, will become what their parents are like.
Also, since children were only two or three years old, they have already started to learn and moreover they learn things by heart rather fast. In this period when they do not go to school yet, if parents taught something bad for children in some way, such as making lies, disobeying the disciplines, disrespecting others, they would hardly get rid of those shortcomings even though they are educated by teachers. To some extent, their characters have been formed fundamentally, which means it is hard to change them.
On the other hand, schooling still cannot be ignored as after children go to school, the school will occupy most of their time on weekdays and also impart all kinds of knowledge including moral cultivation. If the schooling was not made full use of, I believe, it would be impossible to be a person of great value for the society.
Therefore, I have to believe that parenting and schooling are equally important for children.

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion。  Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. Write at least 250 words.

Some people think that parents should teach children to be good citizens, while others believe that school is the place to learn this.
On the one hand, parenting plays an essential role in how to be a good member of society. First of all, home is usually the place where people have lived since they were born. From that moment, parents stay with them and before they go to school, parents are considered to be their abecedarians in their life, because parents’ behavior can affect children’s behavior profoundly. For example, children do what their parents did, say what they said and gradually, will become what their parents are like.
Also, since children were only two or three years old, they have already started to learn and moreover they learn things by heart rather fast. In this period when they do not go to school yet, if parents taught something bad for children in some way, such as making lies, disobeying the disciplines, disrespecting others, they would hardly get rid of those shortcomings even though they are educated by teachers. To some extent, their characters have been formed fundamentally, which means it is hard to change them.
On the other hand, schooling still cannot be ignored as after children go to school, the school will occupy most of their time on weekdays and also impart all kinds of knowledge including moral cultivation. If the schooling was not made full use of, I believe, it would be impossible to be a person of great value for the society.
Therefore, I have to believe that parenting and schooling are equally important for children.

Welcome to the forums, sissi1990. I'm sorry but we can't correct your work for you. You should submit it as it is.

sissi1990

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
What does that mean???I am sure I submit it.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland

SparkySpot

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Do you mean that you have already submitted your essay for marking?
--------

If you ask this question it shows that you don't know what format is the ielts test. we have one hour to write two writing tasks, one letter and one essay if it is an general training test and one graph description and essay if it is an academic one. We don't get time to write an essay at home and later to submit it for checking, i wish we would have this option.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It could be submitted to a teacher or institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.