Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Germany
Hello!

I will appreciate if you can correct this letter:

I would like to inform that i had to lost my watch in your tennis hall.
On Sunday 11th March I played tennis with some friends and left my watch on the bench near the tribune.
When I finished I went outside of the tennis hall and when I wanted to see what time is it I realised that I forgot my watch inside.
When I returned to the tennis hall, I looked on the place where I left it but it was missing.

It was a round faced Swiss watch with a gold and silver bracelet.
It had also the option to display the date and the indicators was made of phosphorus.

If the watch is being found, i can be contacted on 07154341244 from 8.00 am to 10.00 pm every day.

Thank you very much!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello!

I [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] would appreciate it if you [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] would correct this letter:

Dear + name/title

I would like to inform you that I [STRIKE]had to lost[/STRIKE] left my watch in your tennis hall on Sunday 11th March.
[STRIKE]On Sunday 11th March [/STRIKE]I had [STRIKE]played[/STRIKE] been playing tennis with some friends and I left my watch on the bench near the tribune (I don't know what this is).

[STRIKE]When I finished I went outside of[/STRIKE] After I left the tennis hall [STRIKE]and when I wanted to see what time is it[/STRIKE] I realised that I [STRIKE]forgot[/STRIKE] had left my watch inside. [STRIKE]When[/STRIKE] I returned to the tennis hall and I looked on the [STRIKE]place[/STRIKE] bench where I had left it but it was [STRIKE]missing[/STRIKE] not there.

It [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] is a round-faced Swiss watch with a gold and silver [STRIKE]bracelet[/STRIKE]strap.
It [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] also has the option to display the date and the [STRIKE]indicators[/STRIKE] hands [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]were[/STRIKE] are made of phosphorus (or "are fluorescent).

If the watch is [STRIKE]being[/STRIKE] found, I can be contacted on 07154341244 from 8.00 am to 10.00 pm every day.

Thank you very much!

See above. Please review your use of tenses and remember to capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).

D.Alex

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Austria
Current Location
Germany
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.