Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi everyone,
I'm Alessandro and I started studying english 3 years ago, soon i'll try the TOEFL for my first time and i need some help because :)

I did my best to write this essay, can someone please check it? Thank you in advance!!

Title is : is who you know an important factor for success more than "what you know"?

I can't agree with this statement, to achieve our dreams we have to work hard and having a wide knowledge is a decisive factor. Most of the people that study in a university hope that their hard
work will someday lead them to success, and not "who they know".I'm one of these people, I'm
working hard to build my future and i know that this is not for nothing.

The definition of success is different for each of us, we all have different goals and other people will not be here for us everyday of our life.
I'm sure that if a person is helped by someone and reach his goals, he will not have the ability to be indipendent without knowledge.
I believe that knowing a lot is an important factor,but i'm also aware that sometimes people get ahead of others just becouse they "know someone"..I can't deny it, and sometimes it's frustrating if they don't deserve it.

Even if one person can achieve success just becouse they "know someone", it doesn't mean that he
will be able to keep it. Knowing a lot of things is the key to meet other people expetactions and do a great job with you everyday life.
I think the main reason that knowing a lot of things is more important than knowing the right persons is because we can't always rely on others, sooner or later we'll have to achieve success in our own way.
Last but not least, I think that the gratification we get realizing our dreams with our own strength is a unique feeling that can't be compared to anything else.

Xerte

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Can someone help me please? i'd be grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.