[Essay] Can you help me check grammar and spelling my text ? Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

luc13aka47

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi everybody. My name is Vu. I wanted to learn English well since a long time. But may I don’t have a proper method for study English yet and I don’t try to hard to succeed yet. So now, I want to learn English well. I often translate ebooks to intensive study my favorite field. So , My skill of reading and understanding are quiet good. My current vocabulary , grammar , skill of listening and speaking are bad. I have found a proper method to study with me. It is writing a text daily , the text is about something familiar or what happened on that day. It is as a diary. I hope you like it. After , I remember the text. By the way , I can increase my vocabulary and train my grammar. Additionally , I listen English Today DVD daily to increase skill of listening and pronounce English clearly.

Below is what happened on today. I got up at 7 o’clock. I’m really lazy, so this morning I didn’t brush my teeth. Usually , I brush my teeth every morning. I had breakfast with noodle. Then I turned on my PC. Since a month ago , I have studied C# programming languag. Daily, I translate documents from MSDN. I am nearsighted so I must wear glasses to see everything clearly. I already have food so I didn’t have to go to market. I forgot to make my lunch at eleven fourteen , so I quickly made my lunch. Then I weared clothes and went to school by bicycl. Fortunately , I wasn’t be lated. This afternoon , I learn Computer Graphics and Safety and Security Information. I went to back home at 16 o’clock , then I sleeped until thirty past nineteen. After that , I made dinner and now I am writing this text.

Above is what happened on today. This text is not very long. As you knew , I am a beginner.
I hope you can help me check grammar and spelling this text. Additation, I want to make friend to everyone on the world.

Thanks for reading my topic. Thank a lot.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Can you help me check my grammar and spelling in this text? Thank [STRIKE]you ![/STRIKE] you! (For punctuation marks: use no space following the word!)

Hi everybody. My name is Vu. I wanted to learn English well
for a long time. But maybe I haven't had a proper method for study English yet and I haven’t tried too hard to succeed yet. So now, I want to learn English well. I often translate e-books to intensify my self-study in my favorite field. So, my skills of reading and understanding are quite good. My current vocabulary, grammar, skills of listening and speaking are bad. I have found a proper method to study by myself. It is writing a text every day; the text is [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] something about family life or what happened on that day. It is like a diary. I hope you like it. After writing, I can remember the text. In this way, I can increase my vocabulary and train my grammar. Additionally, I listen to English Today DVD every day to increase my skills of listening and pronouncing English clearly.

Below is what happened [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] today. I got up at 7 o’clock. I’m really lazy, so this morning I didn’t brush my teeth. Usually, I brush my teeth every morning. I had breakfast with noodle. Then I turned on my PC. [STRIKE]Since a month ago[/STRIKE] I have been studying C# (CD?) programming language for a month. Every day, I translate documents from MSDN. I am nearsighted so I must wear glasses to see everything clearly. I [STRIKE]already[/STRIKE] had enough food at home so I didn’t have to go to market. I had forgotten to make my lunch at eleven fourteen, (fourteen past eleven?) so I quickly made my lunch. Then I put on my clothes and went to school by bicycle. Fortunately, I wasn’t late. This afternoon, I was studying Computer Graphics and Safety and Security Information. I went [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] back home at 16 o’clock, and then I was sleeping until thirty past [STRIKE]nineteen[/STRIKE] seven in the evening. After that, I made dinner and now I am writing this text.

Above is what happened [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] today. This text is not very long. As you know, I am a beginner.
I hope you can help me check my grammar and spelling in this text. Additionally, I want to make friends to everyone on the world.

februar, no teacher

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Can you help me check my grammar and spelling in this text? Thank [STRIKE]you ![/STRIKE] you! (For punctuation marks: use no space following the word!)

Hi everybody. My name is Vu. I have wanted to learn English well
for a long time. But maybe I haven't had a proper method for studying English yet and I haven’t tried too hard to succeed yet. So now, I want to learn English well. I often translate e-books to intensify my self-study in my favorite field. So, my skills of reading and understanding are quite good. My current vocabulary, grammar, skills of listening and speaking are bad. I have found a proper method to study by myself. It is writing a text every day; the text is [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] something about family life or what happened on that day. It is like a diary. I hope you like it. After writing, I can remember the text. In this way, I can increase my vocabulary and [STRIKE]train[/STRIKE] improve my grammar. Additionally, I listen to English Today DVD every day to increase my skills of listening and pronouncing English clearly.

Below is what happened [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] today. I got up at 7 o’clock. I’m really lazy, so this morning I didn’t brush my teeth. Usually, I brush my teeth every morning. I had a breakfast [STRIKE]with [/STRIKE] of noodles Then I turned on my PC. [STRIKE]Since a month ago[/STRIKE] I have been studying C# (CD?) programming language for a month. Every day, I translate documents from MSDN. I am nearsighted so I must wear glasses to see everything clearly. I [STRIKE]already[/STRIKE] had enough food at home so I didn’t have to go to market. I had forgotten to make my lunch at eleven fourteen, (fourteen past eleven?) so I quickly made my lunch. Then I put on my clothes and went to school by bicycle. Fortunately, I wasn’t late. This afternoon, I was studying Computer Graphics and Safety and Security Information. I went [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] back home at [STRIKE]16[/STRIKE] 4 o’clock, and then I was sleeping ("slept" would be better in this context) until thirty past [STRIKE]nineteen[/STRIKE] seven (or seven-thirty) in the evening After that, I made dinner and now I am writing this text.

Above is what happened [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] today. This text is not very long. As you know, I am a beginner.
I hope you can help me check my grammar and spelling in this text. Additionally, I want to make friends to everyone on the world.

februar, no teacher

I hope you (februar) don't mind a few suggestions on top of your corrections.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
I hope you (februar) don't mind a few suggestions on top of your corrections.

Thank you very much billmcd for your contribution. It is greatly appreciated by me and certainly by all the others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.