Member Type
Other
Native Language
Malayalam
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Can anyone please tell me which of the following statement is more appropriate. are there any mistakes.

I have been working for XXX company as a software engineer since january 2012, focusing on embedded software development

or

I'm currently working as a software engineer for XXX company for the past 3 months, mainly focusing on embedded software development.

or

I'm currently working as a software engineer for XXX company since january 2012, focusing on software development.

I'm trying to convey that I'm currently working in this company for the past 3 months and I'm mainly focused on embedded software developmet.

Is there a mistake in the following statement.

"I am writing to apply for the post of <software engineer> as advertised on the official website of XXX company."

Thanks in Advance.

moonlike

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Can anyone please tell me which of the following statement is more appropriate. are there any mistakes.

I have been working for XXX company as a software engineer since January 2012, focusing on embedded software development

or

I'm currently working as a software engineer for XXX company for the past 3 months, mainly focusing on embedded software development.

or

I'm currently working as a software engineer for XXX company since january 2012, focusing on software development.

I'm trying to convey that I'm currently working in this company for the past 3 months and I'm mainly focused on embedded software developmet.
The first one is correct.
Is there a mistake in the following statement.

"I am writing to apply for the post of <software engineer> as advertised on the official website of XXX company."

Thanks in Advance.
It seems correct to me.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Don't say "the official website."

If you are writing directly to someone at that company (not an employment office or some other third party) then just say
I'm writing to apply for the software engineer position advertised on your Web site.

Are you sure you want to say you've been at this job for 3 months? That tells me you're a "job hopper" and that you leave jobs quickly. Why should I invest in hiring you and training you if you are going to leave in 3-6 months?

Try "In my current position, I focus on embedded software development."

(I have no idea what that means, but I assume a software developer does.)

Good luck with your job hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.