• Post Thanks / Like

Around the gilds?

Somebody please shed light on what "around the gilds" means in the following:

"Now the first clue is if you see your playing partner a little blue around the gilds then you can be rest assured that he is not breathing and hes tight and hes tense and hes probably not going to have very good tempo."

(David Leadbetter's talking about breathing for tempo in golf swing)

• Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Around the gilds?

Hi oldman2,
    I suspect that you've come across a typing error. As far as I'm aware, it should be 'a little blue around the gills'. It relates to how fish breathe and on humans it refers to the area around the face and neck (not certain about the exact location, but that's more or less correct).
    Hope this helps,
    Dippit

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Around the gilds?

Quote Originally Posted by Dippit
    Hi oldman2,
    I suspect that you've come across a typing error. As far as I'm aware, it should be 'a little blue around the gills'. It relates to how fish breathe and on humans it refers to the area around the face and neck (not certain about the exact location, but that's more or less correct).
    Hope this helps,
    Dippit
    Thanks Dippit. You're absolutely right. I got something similar about the fish part you mentioned from my friends this evening except for the typo probably because they didn't catch me actually saying 'gilds' instead of 'gills'.