• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Can you help me correct a paragraph? Just a paragraph. I appreciate it.

Can you help me correct a paragraph? Just a paragraph. Thanks.

Please don't just scan the tittle. I appreciate it.

"Teaching students is no more important than doing research. Admittedly, educating students is one of the main goals of university. Most of students enter universities in order to obtain more knowledge. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that doing researches take the second place. Firstly, a high quality research benefits university's reputation. For example, Zhong is a famous geologic
    professor in my university. He once conducted a preeminent research about how to predict earthquakes. Using his method, scientists successfully predicted the TS earthquake in 2010. Therefore, our university were reported widely. And many students and experts who interested in predicting earthquake came to my university. Secondly, professor can involve students into their researches. So students can not only learn cutting-edge knowledge but also apply the knowledge in reality."

februar is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Switzerland
      • Current Location:
      • Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can you help me correct a paragraph? Just a paragraph. I appreciate it.

[QUOTE=jiangyueming;867536]Can you help me correct a paragraph? Just a paragraph. Thanks.

Please don't just scan the tittle. I appreciate it.

"Teaching students is important but no less important is doing research. Admittedly, educating students is one of the main goals of universities (or: a university). Most of students enter universities in order to obtain more knowledge. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that doing researches takes the second place. Firstly, a (uncountable noun) high quality research benefits the reputation of universities.

For example, Zhong is a famous geology professor in my university. He once conducted a piece of preeminent research on how to predict earthquakes. Using his method, scientists successfully predicted the TS earthquake in 2010. Therefore, our university was widely reported. And many students and experts who were interested in predicting earthquakes came to my university. Secondly, professors can involve students into their researches. So students cannot only learn cutting-edge knowledge but also apply the knowledge in reality."

februar, no teacher
    Last edited by februar; 20-Mar-2012 at 12:59.