[Essay] Can you help me correct a paragraph? Just a paragraph. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiangyueming

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Can you help me correct a paragraph? Just a paragraph. Thanks.

Please don't just scan the tittle. I appreciate it.

"Teaching students is no more important than doing research. Admittedly, educating students is one of the main goals of university. Most of students enter universities in order to obtain more knowledge. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that doing researches take the second place. Firstly, a high quality research benefits university's reputation. For example, Zhong is a famous geologic
professor in my university. He once conducted a preeminent research about how to predict earthquakes. Using his method, scientists successfully predicted the TS earthquake in 2010. Therefore, our university were reported widely. And many students and experts who interested in predicting earthquake came to my university. Secondly, professor can involve students into their researches. So students can not only learn cutting-edge knowledge but also apply the knowledge in reality."

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Can you help me correct a paragraph? Just a paragraph. Thanks.

Please don't just scan the tittle. I appreciate it.

"Teaching students is important but no less important is doing research. Admittedly, educating students is one of the main goals of universities (or: a university). Most of students enter universities in order to obtain more knowledge. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that doing researches takes the second place. Firstly, [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] (uncountable noun) high quality research benefits the reputation of universities.

For example, Zhong is a famous geology professor in my university. He once conducted a piece of preeminent research on how to predict earthquakes. Using his method, scientists successfully predicted the TS earthquake in 2010. Therefore, our university was widely reported. And many students and experts who were interested in predicting earthquakes came to my university. Secondly, professors can involve students into their research[STRIKE]es[/STRIKE]. So students cannot only learn cutting-edge knowledge but also apply the knowledge in reality."

februar, no teacher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.