How to reply: Please let me know if there is anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodstudent

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Singapore
Current Location
Singapore
A) I received an email and it ended with this sentence: Please let me know if there is anything else.

Do I need to reply if I do not have anything to reply? Is is rude if I do not reply anything because I do not have anything to reply? If a reply is needed even if I do not have anything to say, what should be an appropriate reply? Should I reply "That's all"?

B) Sometimes I see this at the end of the email or article:

B1) Let me know what you think
B2) Let me know if you are interested

B1) If I do not have any opinion, do I need to reply? Is it rude if I do not reply?
B2) If I am not interested, do I need to reply? Is it rude if I do not reply?

Thanks

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
A) I received an email and it ended with this sentence: Please let me know if there is anything else.

Do I need to reply if I do not have anything to reply? Is is rude if I do not reply anything because I do not have anything to reply? If a reply is needed even if I do not have anything to say, what should be an appropriate reply? Should I reply "That's all"? In this case it would depend on the subject/reason/tone of the exchange, but in general in that example and without knowing the context, I would not think a reply is necessary.

B) Sometimes I see this at the end of the email or article:

B1) Let me know what you think. In this case as the sender, I would expect some reply, and again without knowing the context, I might respond, "I agree" or "I can't think of anything else right now, but if I do later, I'll get back to you".
B2) Let me know if you are interested. As the sender I would expect a response such as "I don't think I am interested at this time. Thanks".

B1) If I do not have any opinion, do I need to reply? Is it rude if I do not reply?
B2) If I am not interested, do I need to reply? Is it rude if I do not reply?

Thanks

b.

Status
Not open for further replies.