• Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default take it seriously

Please check the following paragraph.

Within two months, there will be a BC Test which is the criteria used to judge the qualification of a graduated junior high school student to enter which senior high school. However, she is still out of it. I had reproved her gently but seriously for being idleness, and advised her earnestly and kindly to study harder for the BC Test. The result? She doesnít take it seriously and donít even care. She never accepts any admonishment or sincere advice. I am deeply disappointed at my daughterís headstrong. Therefore, I feel the weight down inside and don't know what to do for her.

februar is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Switzerland
      • Current Location:
      • Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: take it seriously

Please check the following paragraph.

Within two months, there will be a BC Test which is the criterion for judging the qualification of a graduated junior high school student to enter the senior high school. However, she is still out of it (What exactly do you mean here?). I had reproved her gently but seriously for being idleness, and advised her earnestly and kindly to study harder for the BC Test. What is the result? She doesnít take it seriously and donít even care. She never accepts any admonishment or sincere advice. I am deeply disappointed at my daughterís headstrong behavior. Therefore, I feel the weight down inside (Do you mean depressed?) and don't know what to do for her.

februar, no teacher

Ashiuhto is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: take it seriously

Is the underlined part of the last sentence,"Therefore, I feel the weight down inside and don't know what to do for her" acceptable? It means "depressed." Is there a natural way to express this idea?