Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
The translation for "my junior year" goes "the graduating class", but I think it's wrong. Considering American highschools are composed mainly four years of "freshman(9th), sophomore(10th), junior(11th), senior(12th)", junior year is right before senior year. But I found some American highschools have 10th-12th, so is there a possibility that such schools have "freshman(10th), sophomore(11th), junior(12th)", so junior means graduating class?

sisa-go1
ex) I
daydreamed about basketball becausethat was the future (that) I desired. Dreamingallowed me to visualizewhat I wanted most. Itenabled me to feelthe excitement of achieving my dream. If you dream and do nothing, it is only a dream. Most people think their dreams will never come true. I was one of those people until my junior year in high school. My favorite teacher, Ms. Monaghan, told me something that changed my attitude: “You can do anything you put your mind to.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No, if the high school is grades 10-12, they would be sophomore, junior, senior. Senior year is the final year always. It doesn't make logical sense to have "junior" as the highest level.

BobSmith

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The translation for "my junior year" goes "the graduating class", but I think it's wrong.

You are correct, it's wrong. The junior year is always the penultimate year (barring failing a grade ;-))

Status
Not open for further replies.