Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Some years ago we travelled by ferry from Bonifacio, which is a town in the South of the island, to the Lavezzi islands in the Strait that separates Corsica from Sardinia.
Corsica is a very picturesque place, for example I visited the bay of Roccapina: a virgin coast fringed with turquoise sea, a large beach of fine white sand and rocks with strange forms, for example the form of a huge rampant lion. Access roads are sometimes potholed, so, generally speaking, you should go by big cars like a jeep or a range rover. You ought to drive carefully because of the undulating, rocky, dirt roads; driving down these roads will test the suspension of your car and may result in the occasional bramble scratch. You’ d better wear trekking shoes when you go for walks. Besides, there are no facilities and so I think you should be equipped with your own food supplies and sunshade.
In the past years Corsica used to be less crowded but now it has become a popular holiday destination; there used to be less traffic and noise. Besides it used to have more green areas but now they have built a lot; it used to be wilder, and it didn’t use to be so much seaweed like in the last years in some beaches; water was crystal-clean everywhere; the problem is that climate is changing; it’s getting hotter and seaweed is proliferating.
Almost every year I go to the mountains in order to ski; unfortunately it’s two years since my family, my relatives and I last went to a skiing holiday. To say the truth the only two members of the group who ski are my uncle and me; the rest of the family goes for walks or sledges.
We usually go to places which are not too far from our place. For example when I was a little girl we used to
go to Cerreto Laghi every weekend in winter. I learned to ski in this beautiful resort in the Tuscan-Emilian Appennines. The tracks aren’t that difficult and so it is the best place where to learn.
Once, during one of my skiing lessons I fell, the snow entered my boots and I got chilblains. While I ski I like singing. I sometimes do it when I get scared because of the people who ski at high speed and the ravines in which I may fall if they drag me to the ground.
When there wasn’t enough snow we used to go skating on the ice. After skiing or skating we used to have a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream in the refuge. My uncle and I also used to eat snow; it tastes good.
Now I participate in a lot of swimming competitions and I’m too busy to go on a skiing holiday but I would really like to learn how to snowboard.
There are a lot of places where I would like to go to on holiday. For example European capital towns like Paris or London, as well as very far places like Australia. My top holiday destination are the USA.
If I had a lot of money I would stay there for at least one month; I would visit Los Angeles, Hollywoood, California, Las Vegas and so on and so forth.
My mother would like me to go to the UK for a study holiday, in order to improve my English.

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
my holidays (3)

Some years ago we travelled [STRIKE]by ferry[/STRIKE] from Bonifacio, which is a town in the south of the island Corsica, to the Lavezzi islands [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] by ferry across the Strait that separates Corsica from Sardinia.

Corsica is a very picturesque place, for example I visited the Bay of Roccapina with its virgin coast [STRIKE]fringed with[/STRIKE]; turquoise sea fringed by a large beach of fine white sand and rocks with strange formations, for example in the form of a huge rampant lion. Access roads are sometimes potholed, so, generally speaking, you should go by big cars like jeeps or range rovers. You ought to drive carefully because of the undulating, rocky, and dirty roads; driving down these roads will test the suspension of your car and may result in an occasional bramble scratch. You’d better wear trekking shoes when you go for walks. Besides, there are no facilities and so I think you should be equipped with your own food supplies and sunshade.

In the past years Corsica was [STRIKE]used to be[/STRIKE] less crowded with tourists but now it has become a popular holiday destination; there used to be less traffic and noise. Besides [STRIKE]it used to have[/STRIKE] they had more green areas but in the meantime, they have built a lot; it used to be wilder, and it [STRIKE]didn’t use to be[/STRIKE] didn’t have so much seaweed like in the last years in some beaches; the water was crystal-clear everywhere; the problem is that climate is changing; it’s getting hotter and seaweed is proliferating.

Almost every year I go to the mountains [STRIKE]in order to[/STRIKE] for skiing; unfortunately it’s two years since my family, my relatives and I last went on a skiing holiday. (Or: For two years unfortunately for me, my family, my relatives and I have not been able to go on a skiing holiday.) To say the truth the only two members of the group who like skiing are my uncle and me; the rest of the family goes for walks or sledges.

We usually go to places which are not too far from our place. For example when I was a little girl we used to
go to Cerreto Laghi every weekend in winter. I learned to ski in this beautiful resort in the Tuscan-Emilian Appennines. The tracks aren’t that difficult and so it is the best place where to learn. Once, during one of my skiing lessons I fell, the snow entered my boots and I got chilblains.

While I’m skiing I like singing. I sometimes do it when I get scared because of the people who ski at high speed and the ravines in which I may fall if they drag me to the ground. When there wasn’t enough snow we [STRIKE]used to go[/STRIKE] went skating on the ice. After skiing or skating we [STRIKE]used to have[/STRIKE] had a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream in the refuge. My uncle and I also used to eat snow; it tastes good.

Now I participate [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] a lot [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in swimming competitions and I’m too busy to go on a skiing holiday but I would really like to learn how to snowboard. There are a lot of places where I would like to go to on holiday. For example European capital towns like Paris or London, as well as very far places like Australia. My top holiday destination is the USA. If I had a lot of money I would stay there for at least one month; I would visit Los Angeles, Hollywood, California, Las Vegas and so on and so forth. My mother would like me to go to the UK for a study holiday, in order to improve my English.

februar, no teacher

ripley

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Thanks a lot februar. Hope you'll have time and deside to read part 1. Thanks again
Rip

Status
Not open for further replies.