• Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation can someone help

can someone help me correct my essay. I need help on grammar corrections
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!:-)
    Maria Montessori has inspired many people and has taught us many things about teaching children. It is amazing to see all of the wonderful things she has done in order to help children learn from themselves and others. Her method starts at birth and continues to age six this time period is known as “sensitive periods” (Hainstock 8). The key of her method is to have a prepare environment which includes having the right sized furniture. In order to obtain a prepare environment you must provide three general areas which are practical life, sensory materials, and academic material (Morrison 112). This method and other approaches she used have inspired me to use certain material and activities to help children learn.
    Montessori was admire for all of her accomplishments such as being the first women in Italy to become a physician, also being chosen to represent Italy at a conference which was held in London and Berlin and being a director of a school for mentally disabled children ( Olaf). Not only has she showed us how to teach children but also has helped many of us become better teacher. According to Montessori a teacher was defined by six roles which are respect children, children should be the center of learning, children should be encourage, observation of children is important, preparing environments, and always introduce and demonstrate lessons. (Morrison 111) I believe that each role is important in order for teachers to improve their skills and help teach children. Just like Montessori said, “It is necessary for the teacher to guide the child with out letting him feel her presence too much, so that she may be always ready to supply the desired help, but may never be the obstacle between the child and his experience” (George S. Morrison 111).
    The first basic area to provide a prepare environment is practical life. This exercise is specifically “to teach the child to function in his own environment by teaching him how to cope with the things around him” (Hainstock 21). Children can learn manners, self-care skills, become independent, learn to greet people and being clean and organize. I believe that it is important for children to be independent and to learn from there environment. Practical life activities are thought by four exercises which are “care of the person,” “care of the environment,” “social relations,” and the last one involves “analysis and control of movement” (Morrison 112). Montessori has taught me to realize the importance of practical life and how to teach it. For instance she said that she had taught her students a humorous lesson about “…how to blow their noses “after I had shown them different ways to use a handkerchief, I ended by indicating how it could be done as unobtrusively as possible. I took out my handkerchief in such a way that they could hardly see it and blew my nose as softly as I could. The children watched me in rapt attention, but failed to laugh. I wondered why, but I had hardly finished my demonstration when they broke out into applause that resembled a long repressed ovation in a theater. When I was on the point of leaving the school, the children began to shout, 'Thank you, thank you for the lesson!” (Flaherty)
    There are many practical life activities that I would like to provide in my classroom to teach children. For instance, the “busy board” which just like Elizabeth G. stated it teaches children to become “Self-reliance, self-control and coordination of movements” (23), another activity is the “lacing shoe board” which teaches children “independence in dressing himself ” (37 Hainstock).
    Sensory activities which can start at age three is the second basic area to provide a prepare environment. “Many of these materials are designed to train and use the senses to support learning” (Morrison 112). Sensory exercises helps children develop and also “sharpen [sharpening] the child’s intellect and control and preparing him for the more advanced exercises” (Hainstock 47) Some of the activities that I would like to use to teach children are the “Rough and Smooth Boards” which can teach children to “refine the tactile sense and develop awareness of textures” (Hainstock 55). Another activity I liked is the “geometric insets” which it teaches children to “learn the differences in shapes” (Hainstock 63).
    Finally the last basic area for a prepare environment are the academic materials. These types of exercises are “specifically to promote writing, reading, and mathematics” (Morrison 115). There are many types of activities that I liked to use to teach children such as the “sandpaper letters” and “sand numbers” which according to Elizabeth G. Hainstock this will teach kids the different forms of letters or numbers and also to help them recognize the letters and numbers (70). It can also help them to write since they can feel each type of number or letter. Another activity I liked is the number rod which teaches children the quality and value of each number.
    Montessori has taught me different ways to teach children and also she has also made me realize that “children teach themselves” (“Maria Montessori”). The Montessori Method consists of three stages which are:
    (Stage 1) Introduction to a concept by means of a lecture, lesson, something read in a book, etc.
    (Stage 2) Processing the information, developing an understanding of the concept through work, experimentation, creation.
    (Stage 3) "Knowing", to possessing an understanding of, demonstrated by the ability to pass a test with confidence, to teach another, or to express with ease (Olaf).
    I believe that these three stages are important because children don’t just learn by listing but also by experimenting, and demonstrating what they have learned. These three stages are very important in order for children to become life learns.
    The Montessori Method also included to teaching children through small groups, and letting them learn from their environment or other children including themselves. (Montessori Philosophy, age 3-12+ years an introduction to Montessori philosophy & practice) This is exactly what I want my students to do. I want them to explore around and to try out different activities rather then having them just at a certain place. I also want each of my students to get the attention they need by providing small groups.
    Montessori has motivated to always provide a prepare environment that allows children to feel freedom in order develop their “physical, mental and spiritual growth” (Hainstock 8). I want my students to learn from themselves and other and to become independent and self-directed learners. When I teach a lesson I want to show them so they can visualize what is going on, and then I want them to demonstrate me what they learn by providing different types of activities .Just like Montessori said “a child’s work is to create the man he will become. An adult works to perfect his environment, but a child works to perfect himself.” (Philosophy of Montessori)

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: can someone help

Her method starts at birth and continues to age six this time period is known as “sensitive periods” (Hainstock 8).- Her method starts at birth and continues to age six; this time period is known as “sensitive periods” (Hainstock 8).

learn to greet people and being clean and organize- be clean and organized

The key of her method is to have a prepare environment which includes- The key to her method is to have a prepare environment, which includes (use 'prepared' elsewhere too)

learn from there environment- their

Montessori was admire- admired

accomplishments such as being- accomplishments, such as being

become better teacher- teachers

are thought- taught

“busy board” which just like Elizabeth G. stated it teaches- “busy board”, which as Elizabeth G. stated, teaches

children “independence in dressing himself ”- a child

Sensory activities which can start at age three is- are

Sensory exercises helps- help

which it teaches- which teaches

Finally- Finally,

which according to Elizabeth G. Hainstock this will- which according to Elizabeth G. Hainstock will

also to help them- also help them

don’t just learn by listing- listening???

also included to teaching children - also includes teaching

rather then- than

has motivated- has motivated me

themselves and other - others