Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The inhibitory rate of the virus induced cell lesion was over 49% when drug level was above 30mg/L, 99% when drug level was 130mg/L.
=======>>>

The inhibitory rate of the virus induced cell lesion was over 49% when drug level was above 30mg/L, 99% when 130mg/L.

J

J&K Tutoring

You can take a few liberties with technical writing because your audience is limited to people who know the subject already. They're not reading for enjoyment- they just want the facts. Probably your point would be well understood as you have it.

Your post has been up for a while with no responses, probably because most participants are nervous about suggesting changes to something they know little about. Not sure what that says about me...:roll:

I will venture some suggestions based on a few guesses. Please use them or ignore them based on your better knowledge of the subject.

1. As I read it, cell lesions are induced by the virus. If that is correct, then I recommend a hyphen to join virus and induced: '...rate of the virus-induced cell lesion...'
2. Maybe lesion should be lesions ? If so, then lose the article the before virus.
3. Drug level was less precise: 'above 30mg/L' and then it became very precise: 130mg/L. Is that what you mean to say? As written, it seems the inhibitory rate is 49% from 30mg/L upward (50, 80, 100) and then suddenly it is 99% when the dosage reaches exactly 130mg/L. That doesn't sound right, but of course I don't know what to suggest as an alternative.

I propose:
The inhibitory rate of virus-induced cell lesions was over 49% at a drug level above 30mg/L and 99% at 130mg/L.

NewHopeR

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.