- For Teachers
I have a problem when using the word "society"; I am not sure when I need to use the article the, or no article.
Please, could you correct my mistakes in the following sentences.
1. The professor has criticised the state of the society. ( I am not sure if I need the)
2. The author's novel is about the American society.
3. It is difficult to predict how the British society is going to develop in the future. (Do I need an article at all?)
4. There are many reasons for the moral crisis in the contemporary society.
5. In many undeveloped countries there is still agricultural society.
6. British PM could not find a solution for social problems in society.
Last edited by Bassim; 08-Apr-2012 at 13:33.
Context is important. Please provide enough for us to be able to deal effectively with your question.
Your thread title should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.
If you just want to know the meaning of a word, try OneLook Dictionary Search first.