kjackie28 Guest

Red face Please, help me, it's for my church!

Please, help me with this, I'm not a Native-English speaker and it's a llittle difficutlt to me to translate paragraphs, thanks a lot.

"A young Mission at th beginning of the Missionary work, but powerful in results. Located in the Northeastern Zone of Peru with dynamic, happy and friendly people, that is Northeastern Mission.

Up to now, it counts on Eight-two thousand, two hundred and Seventy-four baptized members; fruit os the Holy Spirit manifested in the Pastors' work and the church as well.

These great results belong to the organized works of the church, which attends different people with appropriate strategies to each one of them.

Thus, in 2005 Adventist Youth had carried out many activities to attract people, to harvest what is grown and maintaining of our youth, but all of this made with all vigour, enthusiasm and spirituality that characterize them.

Two missions combined, North Pacific Mission and Northeastern Mission made the first Youth MegaCamp from the 25ft. to 30th. of July in Nueva Cajamarca City, this was made with the purpose of strengthen the integral life of their Adventist youth. This event achieved to join youth from Peruvian Coast, Sierra and Jungle regions together. They represented 48 missionary districts and there were up to three thousand and five campers and sixty five pastors whom exchanged different customs and sahred their cultures each others. Due to this the weekend was made a milestone of fraternization and spirituality in their lives.

Pastor Melchor Ferreyra was the main orator at the Camp, who is President of Adventist Church in Peru.

In September, Adventist Youth’s voices resounded through all San Martin Department with “Voice of Youth” week; in which youth assumed the leadership of the churches during the whole week.

Minors of our church also made their part. First, they got prepared in a Congress for Preacher Children in Tarapoto city, from the 2nd. to the 4th of September.

More than four hundred children and two hundred teachers were concentrated in this congress to learn how to manage the different areas of the church and being good model to the society.

After this “Voice of Children” made sound itself during the first week of October, in more than two hundred churches and congregations.
    Children proved their commitment with Missionary work, whom carried out a week of Prayer through out the region, preaching the prompt return of Jesus Christ.”

Note: Mission it's an Institution

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please, help me, it's for my church!

"A young Mission at th beginning of the Missionary work- the beginning or its ...
    Located in the Northeastern Zone of Peru with dynamic, happy and friendly people, that is Northeastern Mission.- I'd change the word order- The Northeatern Mission is located...
    Up to now, it counts- I'd use 'now'
    Eight-two thousand, two hundred and Seventy-four- I'd write this as a number 82,274 (also you use capital letter here a bit randomly)
    fruit os- typo 'of'
    which attends different people with appropriate strategies to each one of them.- which is attended by different people, each with appropriate strategies (however, I'm not too sure what you mean by this- also, I'd join this on to the previous paragraph)
    Adventist Youth had carried- delete had
    maintaining of our youth- maintain (do you mean numbers of young people? If so, say youth numbers)
    Northeastern Mission - Northeastern Mission, set up the first..
    City, this - City. This was set up...
    purpose of strengthen- aim of stengthening
    whom exchanged - who
    Due to this the weekend was made a milestone- This weekend was a milestone
    Pastor Melchor Ferreyra was the main orator at the Camp, who is President of Adventist Church in Peru.. Pastor Melchor Ferreyra, who is President of Adventist Church in Peru, was the main orator at the Camp.
    week; in which youth - comma
    also made their part - played their part
    they got prepared- were prepared (what do you mean by prepared?)
    Children proved their commitment with Missionary work, whom carried out a week of Prayer through out the region,- Children, who carried out a week of Prayer throughout the region, proved their commitment to Missionary work
    the prompt return of Jesus Christ- imminent??