Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Please help to correct my two letters as below, Thanks million times:

Claudia,
I recently learn that one of our employees has filed a law suit against the company because of comments a supervisor made during a performance evaluation. This is an unfortunate event that could have been prevented. Here is a list of tips that you should share with all managers.
1. Before you can accurately evaluate an employee’s performance, you need to establish a system to measure that performance. You, therefore, need to develop performance standards and goals for each employee. Remember to remain sensitive to the employee’s needs, plan on sharing these standards and goals in writing with the employee.
2. Monitor the performance of each employee throughout the year. Keeps a log for each worker and note memorable incidents or projects involving that worker. Although many managers are understandably averse to placing negative comments in files, such comments must also be included as part of the evaluation process. Any employee who does something exceptional should be given immediate feed back. If you give this feedback orally, make a written note of the conversation for the employees personnel file.
3. At least once a year, formally evaluate the worker by writing a performance appraisal and by meeting with the worker. At the meeting, let your employee know what you think that they did well, and which areas the employee may be able to improve. Be sure to discuss the standards and goals you set earlier. Listen carefully to your employee’s comments and take good notes.

Giving evaluations can be difficult; however, careful planning and preparing are necessary to make the process go smoothly. Be specific, give deadlines, be honest, and be realistic. Following these steps is an excellent way to help the company avoid legal problems. Please e-mail me with any questions.

Second one

[FONT=&quot]Dear Ms. Pretzel:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr. Martin A. Anderson whom is applying for the position of the manger of manufacturing support at your organization requested that I write this confidential letter of recommendation. Mr. Anderson has worked under my supervision as a manufacturing support supervisor for three year’s at Briggs Mills Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As a supervisor of manufacturing support, Mr. Anderson helped to hire, evaluate and supervise a team of four machine technicians. Him and his team was responsible for the preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of machines on three production lines. Because of his strong interpersonal skills Mr. Anderson expected and obtained high performance from each of his machine technicians. Each technician whom was evaluated by Mr. Anderson ranked in the upper two levels of performance for the past three year’s. In addition to Mr. Anderson's own performance was evaluated at our highest performance level for the last two year’s.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr. Anderson's team developed a highly-effective maintenance and calibration program; that reduced line shutdowns by 10 percent. Furthermore, in addition to his supervisory work, Mr. Anderson initiated improvements in the creation, organization, and production of machine documentation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These changes enabled support personally to repair machines without relying on production engineers. Although documentation changes were cumbersome for our engineers, Mr. Anderson brings about needed change without alienating engineers or technicians. His enthusiastic upbeat personality has had a positive effect on the entire organization.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am sorry that Mr. Andersen may leave Briggs Mills, but I am confident that his technical, interpersonal and leadership skills will serve you well in your organization. I recommend him highly, and would be happy to have him return to us in the future.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

behappyvuilen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Status
Not open for further replies.