Any new version of the SILL questionnaire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehrgan

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi all,

I wonder if any of the members could kindly give me some information about the latest version of the SILL (Strategy Inventory for Language Learning) questionnaire. The one I've got must be version 7.0, 1989! Is there any other newly-created questionnaire on the same topic?

Many sincere thanks in advance.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I am moving this into the Teaching English are in the hope you get a reply. I am afraid I only have the same one as you.

Mehrgan

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Many thanks!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Do you know for sure that there is a newer version? I did a few searches and all the examples I found were that one.

Mehrgan

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I should've put my question precisely. So I'm sorry if there was anything wrong. This issue of 'metacognition' and how it leads to self-regulation in learning via different tools and treatments is still one of the key issues in TESOL I suppose. But I was wondering why there hasn't been any other questionnaire (or perhaps there is one!) since 1989! I thought there might be one designed by any other institute or university. Dear Tdol, I do appreciate your putting time into this. Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.