Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello
Would you please check this paeagraph regarding grammar, using capitals and the selection of vocabularies?

The scientific society of English including 7 members aims at promoting student’s English knowledge and skills. As knowing English is the need of all majoring students, the present society is ready to hold different classes including free discussion and interchange for these students. It is also ready to hold make up classes, including all courses, for students of English.

The secretary of scientific society of English and the editor of humanities society

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hello
Would you please check this paeagraph regarding grammar, using capitals and the selection of vocabularies?

The scientific society of English including 7 members aims at promoting student’s English knowledge and skills. As knowing English is the need of all majoring students, the present society is ready to hold different classes including free discussion and interchange for these students. It is also ready to hold make up classes, including all courses, for students of English.

The secretary of scientific society of English and the editor of humanities society

What is "the scientific society of English"? What are "make up classes"?

skystar30097

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
scientific society of English: In universities, a group of students of a course of study make an association. They select a head for it. They try to hold different classes and seminars for students. they also do different activities related to that field of study.

By make up classes I mean they hold classes to help students having problem with some courses. In this way they help them to imorove their English.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
scientific society of English: In universities, a group of students of a course of study make an association. They select a head for it. They try to hold different classes and seminars for students. they also do different activities related to that field of study.

By make up classes I mean they hold classes to help students having problem with some courses. In this way they help them to imorove their English.

Do you mean that, in this case, students of science have formed an English association?

skystar30097

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
No I mean students of English hold classes. Maybe it's better to write association for that.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The English Society/Association/Club, with 7 members, aims to promote students' English knowledge and skills.
I'm not happy with 'promote', but the right word escapes me at the moment.

As a knowledge of English is a necessary for all students, the society is ready (willing? prepared?) to organise a variety of classes, including free discussion and interchange for these students.
I am not sure what you mean by 'interchange'.

It is also ready to hold make-up classes, including all courses, for students of English.
'Make-up' classes are those for students who have missed classes. Do you mean 'back-up/support' classes?
By 'including all courses', do you mean 'for students of all courses'?

The [STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] Secretary, [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]scientific society of[/STRIKE] the English Society/etc and the editor of humanities society Societies don't normally have 'editors. [/QUOTE]

skystar30097

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you 5jj and bhaisahab

By interchange I mean Interchange books published for learning English as a second language.
By courses, I mean different subjects or lessons.
I thinks as you said back up/ support classes are appropriate because they aim at helping the students who haven't learnt a lesson in class and need more help.

Excuse me. Would you please tell me what do you call each subject or lesson (e.g English, history,etc) in university?

Status
Not open for further replies.