Can an argumentative essay have a title with a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarhatAlam

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
I am a 1st year student of BA in English. I have an assignment on writing essays in descriptive, narrative and argumentative pattern. For the argumentative essay, I have chosen a celebrity's death which might be a hoax as the topic. So I wanted to give it the title ****** *******'s Death: Is This A Hoax?

Can a title be a question like that? I hope I have posted this in the right category. :)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Welcome to Using English.
If I were your teacher, I would say yes, as long as your argumentative essay completely answered the question with persuasive arguments in favor of your answer.

A more standard title might be: The Death of John Smith: An Elaborate Hoax

If you are concerned, you can always check with your professor and see how it's received.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
If you are concerned, you can always check with your professor and see how it's received.
This is useful advice that I would like to spread all over this forum.

Members often ask us what they should do to satisfy the requirements of their lecturer/tutor/professor/supervisor/etc. We try to help when we can, but it's often much easier, and more effective, to ask the person concerned.

FarhatAlam

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Thanks for your replies; and thanks for the suggestion too. I talked to my teacher and he also said the same thing.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.