English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi

Would you mind helping me with this question? If you want to describe a person's way of looking (I don't mean his viewpoint or ideas by the way), what other things can we say instead of "I like the way he looks"? I mean I want to describe the form of his eyes when he looks at something like if he is squinting, goggling, gaping and so on. We say I like ....?

Thanks a lot.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi

Would you mind helping me with this question? If you want to describe a person's way of looking (I don't mean his viewpoint or ideas by the way), what other things can we say instead of "I like the way he looks"? I mean I want to describe the form of his eyes when he looks at something like if he is squinting, goggling, gaping and so on. We say I like ....?

Thanks a lot.

You would have to be very specific with this one. The theoretically obvious way would be "I like the way he looks" but, as you said, that means that you like his appearance. There is no simple way to say this. You will end up with "I like what he does with his eyes when he's looking at something" or use the verbs you used in your example "I like the way he squints" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.