Question: Some people believe that a vegetarian diet is the best diet for a variety of reasons, but others strongly oppose this view. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Opting for a healthy diet is an essential part in the pursuance of good health. While there are some benefits to eat a vegetarian diet, I would argue that it is better to consume both vegetable and meat.

The option to go on a diet which consists of no products made from animals is attractive for several reasons. Many people want their meals to include vegetables and fruits only. This can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes or even cancer. In terms of ethical values, people who stick to a vegetarian diet do n ot have to feel guilty for killing innocent animals or encouraging traumatic treatment of animals in factory farms. They can consume their food satisfactorily and feel peaceful in minds.

On the other hand, I believe that it is more beneficial for people to maintain a balanced diet which provide both fiber and protein. Firstly, humans are omnivores by nature, and we should follow this natural rule in order to be healthy. If there is an imbalance in our diet, we could lack several mandatory nutritions like proteins referred to as Essential Amino Acids, which are indispensable for proper physiological development. Secondly, in many countries, meat is the main ingredient in traditional meals. For example, sticky rice cake in Vietnam has become famous all over the world for its delicious combination of conventional ingredients like green bean, rice and a piece of pork. This delicate mixture would not exist if everybody turned vegetarian.

For the reasons mentioned above, it seems to me that people are more likely to be physiologically and mentally healthy if they enjoy a balanced diet.

----------------------
Thank you very much