(Please check this essay for me, many thanks :X)

Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Whether being totally or partly integrated into the notorious fickle world, a country has to cope with many conflicts in both economic and political fields. Some people think that by holding international events like World Cup or other kinds of sporting occasions help reducing world’s tensions and at the same time demonstrating the feeling of patriotism, with which I totally agree.

Firstly, there are several patterns of international events that contribute to the easing of global tensions. Despite being straightforward, a hand-shaking of players from rival teams presents a friendly attitude toward each other, and therefore, a symbol of a country’s wish for peace and cooperation. Another example to show that global events can lead to the reduction of conflicts is the peaceful message conveyed through logos of events. We are all familiar with the image of five circles joining together in the logo of Olympic Games, which represent five different continents in the world uniting in one place and becoming friends.

Secondly, it is apparent that world-scale events, especially sporting ones, provide opportunities for people to show their patriotic emotions without having to set wars. This can be seen effortlessly in Vietnam, where people always join together to watch football matches in which the national team participate, feeling either excited or depressed together with the results. Furthermore, players from a country taking part in a global match also feel the responsibility to try their best, knowing that they are representing the spirit of the whole country.

In conclusion, an event held internationally not only allows people to demonstrate their love toward their countries but is also a symbol of peace itself regarding the regulations promulgated on team’s attitude and the logo designing requirement. I personally believe that governments all over the world should consider this as one of the resolutions for the mutual sustainable development of nations.