Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
UK
Hi all, my British boyfriend has told me that he is very much into me and that, and I quote: 'I'm f**cked up with you.'

I had never heard that expression before, of course I get the general idea but can someone confirm the meaning of the expression?

Thanks kindly,

BG

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
It's not an expression I have heard used in this way, but I would assume it mean he's obsessed, can't stop thinking about you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I've never heard it before either. I've just been through the Urban Dictionary's four pages of definitions for the phrase "f*cked up" and it doesn't appear there either. I assume that it's either Tdol's definition suggestion or perhaps your boyfriend is likening the effect of being with you to the effect of being very high on drink or drugs (ie he's very intoxicated by your relationship).

Brazilian_gal

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
UK
Thanks very much for your replies, I too was a bit baffled as to what the expression would mean but since posting the question I have learnt he meant that every time he sees me he feels like being intimate with me, it may be he just 'invented' the expression?

SirGod

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
* Not a teacher

I would interpret it this(these) way(s) (which are very similar to the answers provided to you so far):

- he does not act rationally when he is with/around you;
- he goes crazy when he is with/around you;
- he acts in a way that he has never thought he is capable of when he is with/around you;
- he does stupid things when he is with/around you;
- anything related;

I have heard/read it many times (and I think that is because I live among/communicate with lots of young people - mainly students), but never in this particular context.

Status
Not open for further replies.