Post Thanks / Like

Default Hums while he pees

Rachel: Hey look-look, Phoebe’s talking to uh, Cute Coffeehouse Guy.
    Ross: Oh, you guys call him Cute Coffeehouse Guy? We call him Hums While He Pees.
    Chandler: Yes, and we call Ross Lingers In The Bathroom.

I'm studying "Friends" and above conversation came up. What does "Hums while he pees" and "Lingers in the bathroom"???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hums while he pees

The guy hums a tune while he's urinating. It's common, but it's usually done in the privacy of one's home. That the guy hums in public, specifically in the coffeehouse men's room, is socially odd. That's the point Ross is making.

Now, that Ross can actually identify the guy's face is what Chandler is making light of. Men face the wall when urinating, so in order for Ross to have seen the guy's face, he must have waited for the guy to turn around; i.e., lingered in the bathroom, a socially unacceptable behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Casiopea
    The guy hums a tune while he's urinating. It's common, but it's usually done in the privacy of one's home. That the guy hums in public, specifically in the coffeehouse men's room, is socially odd. That's the point Ross is making.

Now, that Ross can actually identify the guy face is what Chandler is making light of. Men face the wall when urinating, so in order for Ross to have seen the guy's face, he must have waited for the guy to turn around; i.e., lingered in the bathroom, a socially unacceptable behavior.
    Thank you so much. I understand now.

Post Thanks / Like

You're most welcome, Aaron.