Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hi,
In a forum, if I am interested in a thread and want to keep paying close attention to it, should I mark the thread or subscribe it?
I looked up a dictionary and I myself understand that if you mark a thread, you want to know the update on this thread and you mark it to avoid taking much time in research it. And, if you subscribe a thread that there will be a automatical information for you to remind you that there is some update on the thread you are interested in.
Or, you only use subscribing a thread and marking a thread is incorrect in expression. (I always saw people reply "Mark" when people were reading a novel which probably updated later, however, when I just wanted to "mark" a thread, I only found the button of "subscribe the thread" in the thread tool list on this forum. ):roll:

Thanks.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi,
In a forum, if I am interested in a thread and want to keep paying close attention to it, should I mark the thread or subscribe it?
I looked up a dictionary and I myself understand that if you mark a thread, you want to know the update on this thread and you mark it to avoid taking much time in research it. And, if you subscribe a thread that there will be a automatical information for you to remind you that there is some update on the thread you are interested in.
Or, you only use subscribing a thread and marking a thread is incorrect in expression. (I always saw people reply "Mark" when people were reading a novel which probably updated later, however, when I just wanted to "mark" a thread, I only found the button of "subscribe the thread" in the thread tool list on this forum. ):roll:

Thanks.

We subscribe to a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.