Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
hey people i have a doubt about the word boobed in the urban dictionary said is beat someone with boobs ok but there is other definition on urban dictionary the last said boobed can be use as a slang to mean ´´face´´ anyone ever hear this ??? if it exist some have a example???

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Re: Doubt of way of talk

[STRIKE]h[/STRIKE] Hey, people. [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I have a doubt about the word 'boobed'. [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE][STRIKE]t[/STRIKE] The urban dictionary said [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] it means 'beat someone with boobs'.[STRIKE]ok [/STRIKE] OK, but there is another definition on urban dictionary [STRIKE]the last [/STRIKE] which said 'boobed' can be usd as [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] slang to mean 'face'. Has anyone ever heard this ?[STRIKE]??[/STRIKE] if it exists, [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] have you an example?[STRIKE]??[/STRIKE]

Welcome to the forum, dark soda. :hi:

Please try to use some punctuation and capital letters in your posts. Your first post was very hard to understand - see my suggestions, above.

darksoda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
thanks man for the infomation :-D

Last edited:

darksoda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
just to make more clear the question the slang ´´boobed´´ second the urban dictionary mean ´´beat with boobs´´ but also is ´´Similar to that of the word "face" when used as a verb in a vulgar way. anyone know a example??? and thanks for awnser people :-o

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

All of those definitions are new to me - as are many in that dictionary.

That dictionary is useful for checking up on the meaning of slang expressions you may encounter, but the existence of an expression in it does not mean that it is commonly used or widely understood.

darksoda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
yep i suppose the is a lot of new definition in this days :) in this case i figure out face means oral sex.

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

If you want us to try to help you, please try to use some punctuation and capital letters in your posts, as I asked in post #2.

darksoda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boobed&page=2 the meaning a talk about is number 10

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
There is no mention of 'talk about' that I can see in that definition.

References to a female's breasts as 'boobs' is acceptable informally to many these days, including women, and 'boob tube' is a BrE name for this type of garment. However, most of the uses of the word defined in those pages would not be used in polite circles. I recommend that you do not use them.

SirGod

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
* Not a teacher

Urban Dictionary is a useful tool (one might say even the best) when it comes to slang terms/expressions. But remember that anyone is invited to add a term to the dictionary, most of the terms being invented by random people. They are used by few people in informal situations/environments. There's a very slight chance that you encounter this term with this specific meaning. A lot of entries are not common, even in youngsters' vocabulary.

I came across lots (really!) of slang by reading different things (funny stuff mainly) on the Internet, but this is something I think it's not very common, I have never seen it used as you are saying. It might be known only by its creator and maybe a few mates of him.

As about the definition, it is pretty unclear and illogical, it doesn't make too much sense. Quote:

Boobed/boobing refers to a woman whose torso is seen by you, but her face is not seen because it is covered by some object like paper, book etc.

So boobed, as the author mentions, is a noun. But it is also a verb (past tense). And it comes from a verb, but it's a noun (the past tense of a verb is a noun). Quite an intricate and interesting matter.

In conclusion, you will find a lot of weird definitions for a lot of words on that website. Be careful how you use them. They could mean something else to one. The 'best' way to learn the common meaning of the slang terms is to see them in different contexts. A meaning, out of many, will stand out, one way or another.

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
I know I've boobed when I've made a boo-boo.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Urban Dictionary is a useful tool (one might say even the best) when it comes to slang terms/expressions. But remember that anyone is invited to add a term to the dictionary, most of the terms being invented by random people. They are used by few people in informal situations/environments. There's a very slight chance that you encounter this term with this specific meaning. A lot of entries are not common, even in youngsters' vocabulary.

Good point- UrbanDictionary is the best source of slang definitions, but it is also rammed full of irrelevant rubbish, like personal insults against classmates, etc. It should always be read critically.

Status
Not open for further replies.