Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
:) Good Afternoon
I am
soon going to be an English teacher , and I want to explore the integration of Neurolinguistics Programming in the English teaching , and education in general
I am asking if someone can give me guidleines about where to start
reading ?, to whom ? and where to find resources
I feel a bit lost
and I would appreciate it if you're r
eady to discuss such a matter or show me someone who is willing to
thank youuuuu

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
NOT A TEACHER

Have you considered the idea that Neuro-linguistic programming is perhaps a pseudoscience?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
:) Good Afternoon
I am soon going to be an English teacher , and I want to explore the integration of Neurolinguistics Programming in the English teaching, and education in general.
I am asking if someone can give me [STRIKE]guidleines[/STRIKE] guidelines about where to start reading [STRIKE]to whom ?[/STRIKE] (this doesn't make sense - You want to know to whom you should start reading?) and where to find resources?
I feel a bit lost and I would appreciate it if you're ready to discuss such a matter or show me someone who is willing to.
Thank [STRIKE]youuuuu[/STRIKE]
you.

1) I have absolutely no good experience of, or belief in, NLP so I won't be discussing that here.
2) I'm really not sure that this forum is the right place for this. Perhaps if you posted it in the "Teaching English" section, you would have more luck.
3) I have no idea why your original post was in black and red - I couldn't see any connection between the words in the same colours. I changed your post into all black and then put my corrections and comments in red.
4) Remember to finish every sentence with the relevant punctuation mark - full stop, question mark, exclamation mark.
5) Do not put a space before a comma or a question mark.
6) There is only one "u" in "you".

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I would start with Rumjahn Hoosain, University of Hong Kong, any of his psycholinguistics texts, and see what interests you from there.

saddouda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Chicken Sandwish,I believe that NLP cannot be of that great help that everyone claims it to be , but I certainly want to explore the few areas where it can help .Thank you

saddouda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
2)" I'm really not sure that this forum is the right place for this. Perhaps if you posted it in the "Teaching English" section, you would have more luck. "

I have logged in to this wonderful site years ago , but I haven't used it that much , that is why I do not know about this section .
"3) I have no idea why your original post was in black and red - I couldn't see any connection between the words in the same colours. I changed your post into all black and then put my corrections and comments in red."
There was no connection between the words in the same colors,I just did it at random for diversity of colors,I did not think it matters .I thank you for your comments, and I will certainly read them and take them into consideration.
Thank you again

saddouda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Thank you so much Tdol .I very much appreciate it .

saddouda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Konungursvia , Thank you so much , that is really helpful .

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you are currently, or are going to be, teaching English, please review your use of punctuation.

- Don't put a space before a comma.
- Put a space after a comma.
- Don't use a capital letter after a comma (unless using "I" or a proper noun).
- Capitalise the first word after a full stop.
- Don't put a space before a full stop.
- Always put a space after a full stop.

Please don't just randomly assign colours to the words in your posts. It makes them very difficult to read.

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Isn't NLP brainwashing? :-D

I'd just use a little bit of charm. Should work just as well as any other tactic

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Isn't NLP brainwashing? :-D

What could be wrong with the assumption that actually there is no failure in second language acquisition? Why knowing a bit more about what is behind language learning can be brainwashing?

I'd just use a little bit of charm. Should work just as well as any other tactic

When I am in class as a student I don't want to be charmed by anyone. All I want, and actually am ready to pay for, is the result.
Needless to say, a good rapport helps a lot but only in case it has genuine disposition in the background

I

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Easy now!

Neuro Linguistic programming just sounds a little bit like hypnotism to me (I think a lot of hypnotists use this technique) and I prefer to use charm in my classes (which perhaps is a form of hypnotism too!). I find charm to be synonymous with 'good rapport'. I dont think of it as just sex appeal :lol: I have very little of that

Have a good day and happy teaching / learning

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.