Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
Sri Lanka
I've written a short writing. It's not a homework, and I'm working on practicing TOEFL writing test. However, I got no one to proofread my writing. I know I'm terrible in writing. so... please help me. :) I wrote about movies. Thank you in advance.

-
When we say the terms such as, Hollywood, Bollywood, French movies, we imply that the movies have some cultural, geographical, historical different with the others. That means, movies can tell a lot about a country.
First of all, Movies shows us a physical view of a country. We easily can see the movie which background is US, Europe, India, or Japan (of course we have to except the Science Fiction or Fantasy movie). Though historical time can be change, we can enjoy and look on the circumstance and environment of those countries. For instance, we can see the Cuba in the ‘Buena Vista Social Club,’ end of 19[SUP]th[/SUP] century England in the ‘Prestige,’ and recent India in the ‘Three Idiots.’
Furthermore, we can indirectly experience their custom of a country by a movie. Movies can tell the way how people in a country live including how they eat, meet, sleep, and even how they use gesture. For example, we can learn the Indian culture of eating with a bare hand and nodding head with different meaning at “my barefoot friend.”
Therefore, we can learn about and experience a country from movies. It is not the main issue in the movie, however, but we can say that movies can tell a lot about a country.
-

CarloSsS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
NOT A TEACHER
It probably is not without a mistake, but it should be better than your original. If I feel like it, I'll finish the rest sometime soon.

When we [STRIKE]say[/STRIKE] hear the terms such as[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] Hollywood, Bollywood or French movies, we [STRIKE]imply[/STRIKE] infer that the movies[STRIKE] have some[/STRIKE] are culturally, geographically or historically different [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] from the others. [STRIKE]That means, [/STRIKE]Movies can tell a lot about a country.

First of all, [STRIKE]M[/STRIKE]movies show[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] us [STRIKE]a physical view of a country[/STRIKE] what a country looks like. We [STRIKE]easily[/STRIKE] can easily [STRIKE]see the movie which background [/STRIKE]tell that a movie is set in the US, Europe, India, or Japan (of course, we have to [STRIKE]except[/STRIKE] exclue the [STRIKE]Science Fiction or Fantasy[/STRIKE] science fiction or fantasy movies).
-

Status
Not open for further replies.