Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hi there!

I can't figure out the difference between writing "clicking the button" insted of "clicking on the button".
Using 'click on' makes more sense to me...

My sentence is the following:
"Next, we will see otherresources of "Ad-hoc queries",by clicking the button "Search"."

I've read that I shouldn't use 'clicking on the' because it may sound odd, repetitive.
But I would like to know if it is wrong or not to write - click on the button "search", for example, because I have already written this way so many times in my working paper, lol.

Thanks in advance!

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi there!

I can't figure out the difference between writing "clicking the button" insted of "clicking on the button".
Using 'click on' makes more sense to me...

My sentence is the following:
"Next, we will see otherresources of "Ad-hoc queries",by clicking the button "Search"."

I've read that I shouldn't use 'clicking on the' because it may sound odd, repetitive.
But I would like to know if it is wrong or not to write - click on the button "search", for example, because I have already written this way so many times in my working paper, lol.

Thanks in advance!

"click on" is fine.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

We often use click on for buttons on a computer screen- probably because it's a graphic and not an actual button that you press physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.