[Grammar] Do the transformed sentence 1, 2 mean the same as original sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea
Followings are Original sentence and two transformed sentences. I'm not very good at understanding inversion sentences. If transformed sentences have any grammatical error, please let me know.

Not only is the sweeping day-lit home easy to navigate, but it is also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on the center stage.(Original sentence)

Not only is easy to navigate the sweeping day-lit home , but it is also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on
the center stage.(Transformed sentence1)

Day-lit home is not only easy to navigate the sweeping, but it is also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on the center stage.(Transformed sentence2)

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Followings are Original sentence and two transformed sentences. I'm not very good at understanding inversion sentences. If transformed sentences have any grammatical error, please let me know.

Not only is the sweeping day-lit home easy to navigate, but it is also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on the center stage.(Original sentence)

Not only is easy to navigate the sweeping day-lit home , but it is also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on

Day-lit home is not only easy to navigate the sweeping, but it is also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on the center stage.(Transformed sentence2)

They are both incorrect.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The original sentence isn't right either!
Are you sure you copied it exactly?

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
As someone has has had business pieces printed with typos, I can say with certainty that this page is incorrectly written. The author started to say about somethingthat is encircled by something else, and changed to something encircling something else and never cleaned up the text.

Not everthing you find online, even proofread text, is right.

Tell me what's wrong with this " it is also encircles"

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea
As someone has has had business pieces printed with typos, I can say with certainty that this page is incorrectly written. The author started to say about somethingthat is encircled by something else, and changed to something encircling something else and never cleaned up the text.

Not everthing you find online, even proofread text, is right.

Tell me what's wrong with this " it is also encircles"
Then, are these sentences correct if I delete "is" after comma(,) like below?

Not only is the sweeping day-lit home easy to navigate, but it also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on the center stage.
Not only is easy to navigate the sweeping day-lit home , but it also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on

Day-lit home is not only easy to navigate the sweeping, but it also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on the center stage.(Transformed sentence2)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Sweeping is an adjective. It's a sweeping home. You can't navigate the sweeping.

I'm not crazy about the first one either. THe first part talks about what you can do - easily navigate. The second part talks about the home itself.

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea
Is it right if I change the order like this?(especially I can't find the definition of day-lit in the dictionary)
"Not only is easy to navigate the sweeping day-lit home , but it also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on

the center stage.(Transformed sentence1)"
into
"Not only is easy to navigate the day-lit sweeping home , but it also encircles a sunny courtyard that places nature on
the center stage."

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Those are no better—worse in fact.

'The sweeping home is easy to navigate by daylight, and it also encircles a sunny courtyard that puts nature centre-stage'.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.