What is the rule of not using at before home? When is it optional? For example,
- When he called me I was (at) home.
- I am always (at) home on Sundays.
- He came to my place at 6pm and by that time I had already been (at) home.
- Hello! Is anyone (at) home?
- I am (at) home at last!
- I am always complimented (at) home.
I believe she asked an explanation about the rule on using (or not) the preposition at before home, and not the correction.
Not a teacher.
Correct Usage home or at home?
By A V Veerkar in forum Ask a Teacher