Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Can i post a report/article for proofreading in the forum here? and if yes, does anyone really help out?

thank you all.

CarloSsS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
You can post it in the Editing & Writing section, not in this section. However, do not have high hopes about anybody editing it. People help on this forum in their free time and free of charge and since editing and proofreading is usually hard time-consuming work, few posts are answered. If you want, on the Internet, there are a lot of options to have your writings proofread by professionals (not for free of course).

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can I post a report/article for proofreading in the forum [here]? [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] If yes, does anyone really help out?

Thank you all.

Here is some friendly advice: before posting a piece for proofreading, look at it closely yourself first. If you look at the amendments I have made to your post above (in red) you will see some very basic errors. If you post a piece which is full of the same kind of errors, people will be unlikely to help because it will be a lot of work.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In addition, if it's for homework or a graded assignment, then no.

However if it's for "real life" or your own practice in writing in English, then yes.

The shorter it is and the less work it needs, the more likely it is to be reviewed.

Although that might be less important that whether the topic is of interest to the reviewer. I'd be more likely to spend time editing a longer article on sustainability than yet another one-paragraph essay on the horrors of divorce and its effect on children.

Status
Not open for further replies.