• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Tunisia
      • Current Location:
      • Tunisia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ReCall...heeeeelp

Hello, i'am Noor, an english student writing her master's thesis in Linguistics. It's been a year and i'm still stuck in framing my thesis' topic. The following deals with comparing the writing styles of Tunisian learners of english (
    EFL
    ) with that of Americans'. I need to investigate on the errors that tunisian learners do when they write in english, and the structure they borrow from their native language to produce their writings. Hence, I need to compare "Genuine English" with "tunisian English", that's why I'm calling for some essays written by British or American postgraduate students. If someone can help me, that would be awesome because i'm in total despair. The essays can deal with any topic but it should at least be short and interesting (1-2 pages). to conduct this, I need a sample of 50 copies written under exams conditions.
    I should thank you in advance for reading me and for your forward assistance.
    Noor from Tunisia

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ReCall...heeeeelp

Quote Originally Posted by noor25 View Post
    Hello, i'am I am Noor, an English student writing her Master's thesis in Linguistics. It's been a year and I'm still stuck in on framing my thesis' topic. The following deals with comparing the writing styles of Tunisian learners of English (EFL) with that of Americans (no apostrophe). I need to investigate on the errors that Tunisian learners do make when they write in English, and the structure they borrow from their native language to produce their writings. Hence, I need to compare "Genuine English" with "Tunisian English", that's why I'm calling for some essays written by British or American postgraduate students. If someone can help me, that would be awesome because I'm in total despair. The essays can deal with any topic but it they should at least be short and interesting (1-2 pages). To conduct this, I need a sample of 50 copies written under exams exam conditions.
    I should thank you in advance for reading me this and for your forward future assistance.
    Noor from Tunisia
    I'm sure this isn't the reply you're looking for but please see my corrections to your post above. As an English student writing a Master's thesis, I would expect your use/understanding of capitalisation to be better.

I cannot help with your specific request. I don't imagine that many post-grads publish their essays online for anyone to read. That would make them too easy to steal. Perhaps you could contact some American universities to see if their post-grads might be willing to assist you.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

birdeen's call is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you interested specifically in essays or papers in general? What areas of study?

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like