Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Dear teachers

I have attached an English voice over recording, and would like to seek your opinions which areas should be improved. Please kindly advise.

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• Anthony_RL.mp3
    425.2 KB · Views: 40

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Dear teachers

I have attached an English voice over recording, and would like to seek your opinions which areas should be improved. Please kindly advise.

Regards

Anthony

I tried to put down everything you said. (for my listening practice:-D)

Your employer has selected Invesco Hong Kong as your MPF service provider. So you're about to become a member of Invesco strategic MPF scheme. This video and ??????? of the scheme will assist you to make a decision on your investment choices. The MPF scheme is decide? to provide financial peace of mind for local workers when they retire. Full-time and part-time employees as well as self-employed persons, aged between 18 and 65, must enroll in MPF. Except under special circumstances, ????? benefits in the scheme are payable at the age of 65. You and your employer must each contribute 5% of your relevant income up to a maximum of 1000 Hong Kong dollars per month.

I couldn't catch ??????? part.:oops:

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
"Enrollment kit" and "accrued", I believe.

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Dear teachers

Regardless of what kind of accent you're going for, here are a couple of words that you mispronounced:

strategic (you placed the accent on the wrong syllable, it should sound like straTEGIC)
video (sounded like veedeo)
make (not very well articulated)
employer (make sure you place the accent on the right syllable, so emPLOYER)
contribute (you placed the accent on the wrong syllable)

CarloSsS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Not bad. Just out of interest, may I ask you, how long have you been working on your pronunciation and how long have you been studying English?

Status
Not open for further replies.