Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
In the description of this video, I read
If you think the economy is going to get better please contact me as soon as possible because I have some ocean front property in Montana you might be very interested in purchasing.

I had never seen the phrase "ocean front" before, but I guessed it had to mean with its front toward the ocean. If that is the case, it's quite impossible to have an oceanfront property in Montana. Having asked Google about this now, I'm pretty sure I guessed correctly. The only explanation I see is that the person is implying that anyone who thinks the economy is going to get better will also believe in oceanfront properties in Montana if they read about them.

Is my understanding correct? For some reason, I'm not entirely sure, even though I see no other possibility.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
In the description of this video, I read

I had never seen the phrase "ocean front" before, but I guessed it had to mean with its front toward the ocean. If that is the case, it's quite impossible to have an oceanfront property in Montana. Having asked Google about this now, I'm pretty sure I guessed correctly. The only explanation I see is that the person is implying that anyone who thinks the economy is going to get better will also believe in oceanfront properties in Montana if they read about them.

Is my understanding correct? For some reason, I'm not entirely sure, even though I see no other possibility.

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.