[General] Does it sounds natural if "show effect on" and "will work on" are used as the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggcracker

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
South Korea
Does it sounds natural if "show effect on" and "will work on" are used as the same?

Hello.
I wonder whether "will show effect on" and "will work on" have same meaning each other when it is used in the sentences below.
Here are two sentences I tried to use the expressions mentioned.
1. Recently passed government's bill which regulates nuclear power plant will show effect on/work on our nation gradually.
2. They said cutting down (on) sugar works on/shows effect on children to get healthy.
Do these two sentences above are natural and grammatical when they are used as the same meaning?
I would be glad to know more about these expressions.
Thank you in advance.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Re: Does it sounds natural if "show effect on" and "will work on" are used as the sam

Hello.
I wonder whether "will show effect on" and "will work on" have same meaning each other when it is used in the sentences below.
Here are two sentences I tried to use the expressions mentioned.
1. Recently passed government's bill which regulates nuclear power plant will show effect on/will work on our nation gradually.
2. They said cutting down (on) sugar works on/shows effect on children to get healthy.
Are these two sentences above natural and grammatical when they are used as the same meaning?
I would be glad to know more about these expressions.
Thank you in advance.

No, neither sentence is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.