Re: I have some questions, can someone help me please?
Please see my amendments to your post above in red. Most importantly, please remember that you must capitalise the word "I" (first person singular) at all times.
Originally Posted by Gee.
1. I've never heard that phrase. I think perhaps the context might help with this one.
2. I think it refers to the girl who is remembering the nightmare.
3. A "dude" is a cool person. Perhaps in this couple's culture, someone who is good at surfing is known as a "dude". If the boy/man has tried surfing once and was no good at it, then he is not a "dude".
4. Again, I think context might help. It might mean "rumours" or it might simply mean that people now know that they are a couple. Or it could be something more threatening.
5. I can't make any sense of this one. I haven't heard the phrase and I'm confused by the sentence anyway. It seems to me that it should end "with his own need".
6. "Get your game face on" means to show that you are ready for something, whether it's an actual sporting competition, or a serious meeting or a court appearance (or many other things). It means you need to show the outside world that you are totally prepared for what is to come.
7. It means that the city may not have been terribly exciting or had much going for it, but at least it was home for a while.
Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.