I am applying for a travel grant to attend to a congress. So I have to write a paragraph of motivation for attending the XXX Meeting and applying for a fellowship. I am still not sure how it sounds. Could you please read it and tell me your opinion?

Thank you.

Andres

Nowadays we are at the dawn of efflorescence in molecular biology, which provides an excellent basis for application of physics and computational techniques at this field. Revelations of molecular structure become extremely crucial, as they provide insights into the way many biological processes are carried on. Since I was a child, I have always been interested in becoming a scientist. Understanding how and why biological systems work are the most intriguing topics that have encouraged me to study Physics and later Biophysics. I studied Physics at XXX and now I am involved at a Master of Science program in Physics at the same university. My experience in the field of physics has grown during the passing years. I have been able to work on both experimental and theoretical matters related to diverse subjects. Nevertheless, my interest in the role of biomolecular structure in biological processes such as protein folding and membrane interactions has developed so much during the last four years, while I have been part of XXX Group at XXX. However, nowadays I know that no education is complete without discussion with other scientists. Therefore I think that XXX conference is a so interesting option not only for interacting with great researchers and professors who are doing great research but also to learn so much about computational biology current advances. For this reason, I really feel that my attendance to this event would help me progress in both my scientific career and my personal development. However, funds for scientific research are very limited and in a developing country like XXX, it is even more so. Being a master student it is very difficult for me to raise funds to attend to your prestigious event from any national organizations. Owing to limited resources, I will not be able to attend XXX as I lack the necessary funds. So I would be grateful to be provided with sponsorship to attend XXX and your scholarship will be immensely helpful. I consider myself to be a good candidate for your scholarship because I am young, energetic, hardworking, visionary, and motivated person who believes that I can make a contribution to science. From my point of view, my research matches well the topics of this event. So I believe I can contribute positively to enrich the contents of these conference as well as to extract useful knowledge that I can employ in my ongoing research. Thank you very much for your consideration