Seeking for comments on my Academic Appeal Letter

• Thread starter David30
  • Start date
  • Views : 4,615
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David30

Though i studied sufficiently for my exams, but still fail, and this failure has caused me from graduating. Hence I wish to write an academic appeal letter that isnt offensive, yet appealing to the exams committee, the purpose is to get a lenient 40 marks, as a passing rate. My school does that, just that the exams committee have mood. My written is kinda poor and offensive, but i couldnt find out the mistake of this letter.

The following is an example;
Format

Dear Office of the Review for Examination Grade (of MTH 306, that is presented only on Jan 2012/2013)
for your kind consideration :

I am appealing my Examination Grade (of MTH 306) for a review because I have justifiably fulfil my duties as a student to complete all necessary requirements, as posed by the exams questions in section A and section B, that is with sufficient effort which evidently shows my understanding in this module, especially for Question 1a), 1b), 1c), 1d), 2ai), 2aii), 2b) and 3b).

In addition, would like to bring your attention pertaining to alignment of question being set, that means regarding the nature of question posed in question 3ai), 3aii) and 5a), which greatly deviates from the nature of the content found in the textbook and course book. As clearly as one can see from the TMAs that i have a clear understanding in module, that is because the question set is align to content of the textbook. Also throughout the course of study, this is the first time im encountering such a distinct settings, which the solution can only be worked out differently or it simply deviates from what we have learned or what we can apply.

In short, simply i could agree on what is being taught and not covered on textbook, however i couldn’t agree on what is not being taught and cannot be applied. The following attached solution that i had worked out or the enclosed, shows my clear understanding in handling the questions, and these methods that i used to work out the solution, deviates substantially from the course book, which is not even associated to the content of the textbook.

Now in writing this appeal, I really sought for your kind understanding in this issue, as i did not understand why I get a grade F, when I believed I had studied well for the Analysis Power Series and Calculus module well enough for me to at least a good 40 marks. In addition, my TMAs and other level 3 modules which i took up show my ability to click well with mathematics. For this module I really spend a lot of time and effort in it, even to the extent of resigning from my previous job.

So, I hope to bring your final attention that, my education is of paramount importance to me and that this is only course that I had stopped me from graduating. Hence, without the good review from the Examination Grade, I lack the ability to concentrate on with my business and work.
For your kind consideration.

Thank You

D

David30

Any kind souls, your advise is very much appreciated. God Bless!

D

David30

Bumpz.... pls im in need of your help:shock::shock:

to add on the Exams committee understand Us & Uk english..

D

David30

This letter is not about the correction of English, as I can edit my own draft. Rather is on the clarity of the passages and. It's plus point.

D

David30

There's only two presumption;
1) Teachers that are selective about replying a post
2) Too many fake volunteers and preachers.

This fact is as oppose to the past, where people are helpful..

Status
Not open for further replies.