[General] How to write a successful academic appeal to board examiners review?

• Thread starter David30
  • Start date
  • Views : 28,836
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David30

-How do you make/write a successful/winning letter of academic appeal, on condition(s), that it sounds as if (the letter) were appealing and not considering the fact that the examiners are out there to pity you (because there are two different parties involve, the administration which delivers a message to the board of examiners, and of course the board of examiners which comprises of three exam reviewers, will then review your paper again.

-Usually the success rate of upgrading the grade is as low as 10%.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
-How do you make/write a successful/winning letter of academic appeal, on condition(s), that it sounds as if (the letter) were appealing and not considering the fact that the examiners are out there to pity you (because there are two different parties involve, the administration which delivers a message to the board of examiners, and of course the board of examiners which comprises of three exam reviewers, will then review your paper again.

-Usually the success rate of upgrading the grade is as low as 10%.
I note that you are still claiming that your native language is Finnish, although we all know it isn't. What is it that makes you feel that we might like to help you when you continue to lie to us?

D

David30

Dear all,

Sorry I have changed my profile to the correct one, Yes I'm just some puny Chinese. Please help me, I'm really in deep shit now with my school I need that assistance, and this is the letter

The following is an example;
Format

Dear Office of the Review for Examination Grade (of MTH 306, that is presented only on Jan 2012/2013)
for your kind consideration :

I am appealing my Examination Grade (of MTH 306) for a review because I have justifiably fulfil my duties as a student to complete all necessary requirements, as posed by the exams questions in section A and section B, that is with sufficient effort which evidently shows my understanding in this module, especially for Question 1a), 1b), 1c), 1d), 2ai), 2aii), 2b) and 3b).

In addition, would like to bring your attention pertaining to alignment of question being set, that means regarding the nature of question posed in question 3ai), 3aii) and 5a), which greatly deviates from the nature of the content found in the textbook and course book. As clearly as one can see from the TMAs that i have a clear understanding in module, that is because the question set is align to content of the textbook. Also throughout the course of study, this is the first time im encountering such a distinct settings, which the solution can only be worked out differently or it simply deviates from what we have learned or what we can apply.

In short, simply i could agree on what is being taught and not covered on textbook, however i couldn’t agree on what is not being taught and cannot be applied. The following attached solution that i had worked out or the enclosed, shows my clear understanding in handling the questions, and these methods that i used to work out the solution, deviates substantially from the course book, which is not even associated to the content of the textbook.

Now in writing this appeal, I really sought for your kind understanding in this issue, as i did not understand why I get a grade F, when I believed I had studied well for the Analysis Power Series and Calculus module well enough for me to at least a good 40 marks. In addition, my TMAs and other level 3 modules which i took up show my ability to click well with mathematics. For this module I really spend a lot of time and effort in it, even to the extent of resigning from my previous job.

So, I hope to bring your final attention that, my education is of paramount importance to me and that this is only course that I had stopped me from graduating. Hence, without the good review from the Examination Grade, I lack the ability to concentrate on with my business and work.
For your kind consideration.

Thank You

I älä edes tiedä miksi sitä niin vakavasti kun levitä pikaviestinnässä samoin pyritään. Jos tämä mitä uskoa, että olet parempi kuin Kiinan vuoksi ja suomi sitten muuttaa pyytää/.

D

David30

Your kindness will reqward you, but your cruelty will destroy you... I believe pple out here have a kind heart, pls prove me right. God bless, please help me, im very pathetic in need of help!
:cry:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I älä edes tiedä miksi sitä niin vakavasti kun levitä pikaviestinnässä samoin pyritään. Jos tämä mitä uskoa, että olet parempi kuin Kiinan vuoksi ja suomi sitten muuttaa pyytää/.
Nobody here thinks they are 'better' than anybody else.

We ask people to use only English in all forums except this one: Other Languages

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
David, I am leaving the thread open in case someone is prepared to work on your letter. However, if you continue to post irrelevant comments, I shall simply delete the whole thread.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I won't be responding. In a previous thread, when I queried your claim to be a native English speaker, you went to great pains to tell me that you are Singaporean, studying in Singapore and that your native language is Singlish (despite the fact that Singlish is not yet an internationally recognised language which is why it is not an option on a member profile). At what point in the last few days did you emigrate to China? If you really don't understand that telling the truth on your profile is mainly a question of respect for the volunteers on this forum, then that is a shame, but it is not going to change our response to your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.