Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Sinhalese
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Sri Lanka
I am gihan from Sri Lanka. i learned every thing by self study. But, i can not improve both writing and speaking skills. i try hard to improve, but i am still in starting stage.

i think, i try always think in my first language and convert to English. it may be the problem.

it will be great if some one can advice me.
Thanks

moonlike

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello Gihan :hi:
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure here you can find the best tips to learn English. As dear moderators will definitely mention, the first step to improve your writing can be the correct spelling along with correct punctuation. Don't forget "I" not"i". make sure you have started the new sentence in capital letter.
Regarding speaking, watching film or series, talking to native speakers and also reading comprehension books can help you. Reading books can help your speaking as well as your writing.
Wish you luck.

alenjones23

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Try to practice more with writing and for speaking try to speak in english in your daily life as much as you can and don't worry about the correctness at early stage, try to build your confidence. Wherever you find problem, you can share that with forum members and you will get best explanation from them. I hope practicing in this manner would help you.

Nakuru

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
As they said, watching movies and series is a good start for improving your speaking skills. You can also try doing a language exchange, there're many students looking for language tandems.

rali

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
hi everybody, I'm same with gihan. I go to english class and watch movi, but have alot of problem with english learning. I don't have a friend to speak with me to improve learning

Status
Not open for further replies.