• Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Argentina
      • Current Location:
      • Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pls can you correct my letter? Thanks

Thank youfor answering my letter .
    Now, I am writingto know more about the accommodation. Next week I am travelling to Buenos Airesand I need one of the rooms you are renting.
    Firstly, Iwould like to know what the address of the flat is. I have just finishedsecondary school and I am starting Psychology at the Buenos Aires University. Ihope it is near it because I will not have enough time for travelling a lot everyday.
    Secondly,could you tell me how much the room costs. I need an affordable one. Would thatbe possible?
    Finally, I´veseen there is a big kitchen in the building.Can I use it freely or I have topay for it?
    Thank youin advance.

Barb_D is online now Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: pls can you correct my letter? Thanks

You need to look at the spaces you leave between words. I am assuming this is a real-life situation so I have taken more liberties with your text than I normally would. If you are doing this as an exercise in self-study, I can keep closer to your own words.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielaelisabeth View Post
    Thank you for your response to my inquiry about accommodations in Buenos Aries. I have some additional questions:
    1) What is the exact address
    of the flat? I will be studying at Buenos Aires University and need to live fairly near the university.
    2) What is the rent? Do you require a deposit?
    3) I saw that there is a large kitchen in the building. Is use of this kitchen included in my rent? If not, is there an additional charge to use the kitchen?*

* This would be VERY unexpected where I live. Either you have the use of the kitchen or you don't, but paying extra to use it would be unusual.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

billmcd is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: pls can you correct my letter? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielaelisabeth View Post
    Thank youfor answering my letter .
    Now, I am writing I would liketo know more I would like some additional information about the accommodations. Next week I am travelling will travel to Buenos Airesand and I need would like to rent one of the rooms you are renting have available.
    Firstly, Iwould like to know what the address of the flat is. I have just finished secondary school and I am starting Psychology at the Buenos Aires University. I hope it the flat is nearby it because I will not have enough time for travel ing a lot everyday.
    Secondly, could you tell me how much the room costswhat is the rental fee? I need an affordable one am on a limited budget. Would thatbe possible?
    Finally, I´ve seen noted there is a big large kitchen in the building.Can May I use it freely or I have topay for it is there an additional fee for its use?
    Thank youin advance.
    As BarbD has posted, please get familiar with your space bar.
    Last edited by billmcd; 28-Jun-2012 at 14:37.